The 2016 Easter Montessori workshop organised by Greensprings Montessori Centre took place between Wednesday 6 and Friday 8 April 2016. The keynote address was delivered by Mrs Dideolu Adekogbe, Principal Consultant, Florish Educational Consult Lagos; she spoke on the theme Child ‘wellness’. Dr. Adaobi Solarin- the Guest lecturer spoke on Childhood nutrition and wellbeing.
Other topics handled are: Practical Life Exercises, Mathematics curriculum, Science experiment for Young Learners, Teacher, Student and Technology, Play and Child development and Reading and telling stories in the Early Years environment.
Many participants from Abuja, Abeokuta, Ijebu-Ode, Uyo, Akwa-Ibom, Ibadan, Lagos, Akure and Abuja attended the annual workshop.
Participant’s comments and feedback were extremely positive:
• “This is the best workshop I ever attended on Montessori. The core curriculum areas covered will be implemented by my school” – Achimebong
• “I never liked teaching profession until I got involved with Greensprings Montessori Method of teaching. The training is an inspiration in my career” – Oluchi
• “With Montessori, you always want to remain a Teacher. For me, as a teacher and parent, Montessori has taught me patience. I am excited to be here and I look forward to coming again” – Amaka
• “Before now, I had thought of quitting teaching; but on attending this Montessori workshop, I will stay back. I will take the knowledge gained back to my State to assist the pupils” – Bolanle
• “Kudos to the organisers of this workshop for sharing good practice. If the Federal Government could ensure that the Montessori Method is introduced in all schools, its effect on students will cascade to our society and Nigeria will be a better country” – Modupe